panic pmap_pvo_to pte: pvo 0x129e0800 pte does not match pte0x817bc0 in pmap_pteg_table

Tilman Linneweh arved at freebsd.org
Mon May 30 23:17:20 PDT 2005

* peterg at ptree32.com.au [2005-05-31 05:28]:
> >>  What was going on at the time it occurred ?
> >
> >Three to five package building processes, so load around 3 to 4 and
> >a bit of Disk I/O.
> >The box has 512 MB RAM but unfortunately no Swap, so not enough RAM
> >could be a reason. I will try to add a Swap partition to see if
> >it keeps the box more stable.
>
>  I'd say not: it's probably more to do with the concurrency. Does it take long
> to trigger ? What if you kick off 2/3x that many package builds ?

Usually it happens after a few hours.

I tried kicking the load above 10 by additional running
make buildworld -j 10 and the machine froze within a few minutes, without
breaking into ddb.

Unrelated, i am getting different panic, which does not look ppc-specific:
It happens reproducable when i try to compile the nss port
(or the one included in mozilla)

panic: mutex Giant not owned at /usr/src/sys/kern/kern_mutex.c:299
KDB: enter: panic
[thread pid 20485 tid 100084 ]
Stopped at      0x251a5c:       lwz     r11, r1, 0x0
db> where
Tracing pid 20485 tid 100084 td 0x15d074b0
0xdd131a10: at panic+0x134
0xdd131ab0: at _mtx_assert+0x74
0xdd131ad0: at _mtx_unlock_flags+0xec
0xdd131b00: at do_execve+0x98c