Mac mini install w/ latest ISO => dead keyboard at sysinstall

Peter Edwards peadar.edwards at gmail.com
Tue May 24 15:57:45 GMT 2005

As above: trying the latest ISO from

> http://people.freebsd.org/~grehan/6.0-20050518-SNAP-powerpc-disc1.iso

on my shiny new mac mini: it gets as far as starting sysinstall, at
which point the machine is either hard hung, or the keyboard isn't
working (It's kinda hard to tell which). It's a standard apple USB
wired keyboard and mouse: I definitely saw a ukbd0 attach flash by in
the boot output, but it's kinda hard to capture. (and I haven't done
any "home improvement" yet, so there's nothing odd about the machine.

I got the impression that this build should "just work" on the Mini,
so sorry if this is a known issue.

Any hints?

Cheers,
Peadar.