How much longer for GNOME

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Tue May 24 03:50:44 GMT 2005

> There are a few issues anyway:
> - You can't switch anymore to any console once in X (monitor goes out
> of sync)

  Same on the mini. This works fine with Nvidia cards. I guess it's not
detecting the original settings correctly.

> - Using DGA results in out of sync and X doesn't recover

  I've not tried that.

> - Using GL sometime segfaults the application (I didn't investigate
> much further into this)

  I found that glxgears would lock up the server, though if I built it
and hacked it to run a frame at a time it would be fine :-(

> Also, the loader seems not happy loading modules, it results
> in an exception and returns to of prompt... if you need
> SRR0/SRR1 I can grab them off.

  Oh, didn't test that. Shouldn't be too hard to find/fix - I'll look
into it.

later,

Peter.