How much longer for GNOME

Orlando Bassotto nextie at gmail.com
Tue May 24 00:01:54 GMT 2005

Hi!

On May 24, 2005, at 1:44 AM, Peter Grehan wrote:

>> /usr/ports/www/mozilla/work/mozilla/dist/include/nspr/prcpucfg.h:
>> 285:2: #error "Unknown CPU architecture"
>> In file included from /usr/ports/www/mozilla/work/mozilla/dist/
>> include/nspr/pratom.h:43,
>>                  from /usr/ports/www/mozilla/work/mozilla/dist/
>> include/nspr/nspr.h:38,
>>                  from ../../../pr/include/private/primpl.h:66,
>>                  from prfdcach.c:35:
>>

>  The netbsd ppc stuff is the template to use for getting this
> working: the calling convention on FreeBSD/ppc is the same (as on
> linux/ppc too).

First of all, let me say I'm really impressed, great work! Now my
cube is happily running
FreeBSD with X and  XFCE 4.
I have tried already to compile firefox, and managed to have it
compile successfully, using
netbsd and linux stuff (netbsd doesn't use g++3 name mangling for
assembly stubs).
The result is... it starts, then dies... so the next question is, any
progress with gdb? it is almost
impossible to determine what's going on without a debugger... :-)
While I was at it, I compiled more than 200 ports successfully,
including the QT framework (and
it works!!).

Since the cube doesn't have internal audio, I managed to make usb
audio work... and it works
like a charm! (I limited myself to comment out sndbuf_xxx calls in
pcm/channel.c to get
sound.ko don't complain about missing symbols heh).

Thanks really for the good work!

Ciao
Orlando