cross compile libc

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Wed Mar 9 03:32:08 GMT 2005

> Is it possible to do cross-builds of FreeBSD under OS X?

  I've not tried it but am certain it won't work. The cross-build
environment expects to run on a FreeBSD 5.x/6.x-based machine since it
requires certain versions of make etc during the cross-tools
bootstrapping phase.

  NetBSD have done the work required to get their cross-build system to
run on a number of non-NetBSD host systems, OSX included, so in theory
it should be possible for FreeBSD to head in this direction if so required.

  But hey, my goal is to get you running FreeBSD on your Apple so it
won't be necessary :)

later,

Peter.