Mac Mini and Serial Console Access

James Sarrett dinosaur at aztecfreenet.org
Sun Mar 6 17:12:01 GMT 2005

Well that depends on what you mean by Console access.  if you just want
to log in after a machine is booted with a serial terminal, then that
is certainly a possibility.  However, to use a USB<->RS/232 adapter to
boot a system, it would have to be recognized by OpenFirmware.  And
I've yet to see one that was.  So if you wanted to write some FCode for
it you might be able to make it happen, but there's not really any easy
way to do it.

Hope this helps,

-James

"Never trust a man who can count to 1024 on his fingers"