cvsup?

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Mon Jun 27 03:33:47 GMT 2005


At 1:27 PM -0700 6/26/05, David Leimbach wrote:
>I take it we don't have the m3 to do CVSup on FreeBSD/ppc yet eh?

There is the 'csup' project that Maxime Henrion is working on, as
Florent Thoumie has already mentioned.  There's the version at:

    http://mu.org/~mux/csup.tgz

but I think there is a more recent version somewhere.  I thought
it was going into the 'freebsd projects' repository, but I don't see
it there.  It compiles under freebsd/ppc, but I haven't tried to use
it yet.  This 'csup' project should be seeing more progress soon, as
it is one of the projects which will be worked on with Google's
"summer of code".

>I was gonna take a crack at getting the latest source and working
>on an ADB keyboard driver.

The way I'm working on powerpc, I cvsup the freebsd src to a
directory on a separate (i386) machine, and then NFS-export that
directory to my powerPC machine.  That has worked well enough for
me, so I haven't looked into other alternatives.  I am running on
a Mac-mini though, which has a rather slow hard drive (4200 rpm).
So in my case, it's probably faster to stick with the NFS-mounted
directory...    :-)

-- 
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu


More information about the freebsd-ppc mailing list