gdb for fbsd-ppc

toa at pop.agri.ch toa at pop.agri.ch
Tue Jun 14 07:17:13 GMT 2005

Sorry for the mail format. WebMail.

-----Original Message-----
From: David O'Brien [mailto:obrien at freebsd.org]
Sent: Tue 6/14/2005 9:07 AM
To: toa at pop.agri.ch
Cc: freebsd-ppc at freebsd.org
Subject: Re: gdb for fbsd-ppc

On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 10:18:39PM +0200, Andreas Tobler wrote:
> is there a gdb available for fbsd-pcc? Preferrably src. I see one in
> src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/gdb/, is this buildable and usable for ppc?

Nope, not yet usable.

> Also, do I need to make buildworld or is there a simpler way when I only
> want gdb? Excuse me, still not that familiar with fbsd :)

You can always try /usr/ports/devel/gdb6.

-----
I'm not that familar with ports yet. I have to learn this too. So I grabed the gdb-cvs.

In the meantime I have gdb-cvs port for fbsd-ppc running. I need to fix a few issues, signal handling (if I can fix this ....?)  and the like. Also, I miserably fail if I run the testsuite. Due to missing altivec support in the kernel I freeze my machine :) (G4 Aluminium Book)

The tests do not look that bad. I can even debug my application, so I already satisfied my primary motivation.

I come up with a few more questions later.

Thanks,
Andreas