FreeBSD/ppc 6.0-BETA1 isos

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Mon Jul 18 22:20:15 GMT 2005

Hi Dave,

> The last 6.0 ISO I tried would panic if I tried to disable syscons.   As
> such, I have to plug a USB keyboard into my latop and also do the
> "skipslot" thingy to get it recognized instead of my bluetooth.
>
> Does this one have any improvement in any of the above areas? :)

  Alas not :(

  I haven't looked into the ofw console crash for a while, but it's
possible that it's either a) we're calling into open firmware with a
virtually mapped stack, or b) the SPRG0-4 registers aren't being
saved/restored during the call. NetBSD avoids both of those, though in
theory a) should be OK.

  I'm hoping that the upcoming syscons kbdmux stuff will fix the early
probe of the pretend Bluetooth usb kbd/mouse.

later,

Peter.