Boot stop at "KDB: current backend: ddb"

Alaor Barroso alaorbarroso at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 02:09:00 GMT 2005

From: Alaor Barroso <alaorbarroso at gmail.com>
Date: 15/07/2005 23:07
Subject: Re: Boot stop at "KDB: current backend: ddb"
To: Peter Grehan <grehan at freebsd.org>

Yes, I did, I forgot send my experience to this list. =P

I entered Open Firmware and typed "mac-boot", and it send me to the
Yellow Dog Linux boot prompt (I was using YDL), so I typed "C" and the
boot process started normaly... But it stoped at the time that I'm
showing now, near this two messages...

How can I escape to the freeBSD loader prompt?

I've tested the OpenBSD macppc and it booted normaly, but I think that
I fucked up some important native MAC partitions, like Apple_Bootstrap
partition and now I think that I nedd rebuild this with the MacOSX
CDROM, will freeBSD need those partitions?

*ps: Sorry my english, I'm brazilian..

Very thankz the attention, Peter. Cya.

[]'s