Duty-cycle on mini's (was Re: Compiler patches ...)

Lyndon Nerenberg lyndon at orthanc.ca
Sun Jul 10 09:49:59 GMT 2005

>  Hmmm, Java ? That doesn't sound like FreeBSD :)

You're right -- it's the sound of rent :-(

>  FreeBSD/ppc's idle proc is the equivalent of running pinned 24x7.
> OSX may even have a temperature sensor/fan speed feedback loop ala
> the G5 to keep things under control.

I've spent a lot of time digging through the ADC documentation, but
I'll be damned if I can find anything about this. I have the Darwin
source checked out and will attempt a search through it, but I can't
say the code is organized in the most logical† manner.

--lyndon

† Why can't people just adopt the 44BSD layout? It's brilliantly
simple ...