Mac Mini and Xorg

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Fri Jul 8 13:03:14 GMT 2005

Hi Sean,

> Has anyone been compiling on the mini itself?  I keep getting a memory
> error as below:
  ..
> # swapinfo
> Device          512-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity
> /dev/ad0s11        1008320        0  1008320     0%
> #
>
> Why is it complaining about allocating 256K (interesting given the
> fact that the machine has 256MB of RAM)?  As you can see above,
> swap isn't even used.
>
> Did I just get a bad checkout?

  I've been cross-building fine on x86 so I don't think there's any
issue with the source tree.

  Would you be able to run 'top' during the build and see if memory is
heading toward being exhausted (or running into swap) ?

  My 512M mini is finally powered up so I'll try a build on that
(limiting mem to 256M with hw.physmem).

later,

Peter.