Mac Mini and Xorg

Sean Welch Sean_Welch at alum.wofford.org
Wed Jul 6 03:25:59 GMT 2005

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 11:22:11AM +1000, Peter Grehan wrote:
>  I think a kernel should be OK. Note that I haven't run up a kernel for
> about a month now (and won't be able to for another 1/2 day or so), so
> there's a chance something might have broken in that time.

I'll give that a shot then.

> >Of course if you want to
> >throw together a new snapshot I'd be more than willing to test it
> >out for you.  ;-)
>
>  Let's do both :)

Sure!  I'll see what I can do in the next couple of days or so.

>  I think the main changes were #ifdef'd ppc, so if you have success
> I'll file a PR. I have to say, the freebsd-x11 guys were *GREAT* in
> getting my PR's pulled into the xorg port so quickly.

Yeah, I've got a lot of respect for those guys.  I'll post a note
to the list if I do file one.

>  It's just the VTY. Going back to X works fine. I don't know if DPMS
> works - I guess I never had it going for that long to see.

Alright, that's a separate matter then.

By the way, I use "xset dpms force off; xlock -mode blank" on my
laptop to turn off the backlight and lock the screen.  You do have
to enable it in xorg.conf but it works well for me.  I'll check that
on the Mac when I get it running.

Sean