Mac Mini and Xorg

Peter Grehan grehan at freebsd.org
Tue Jul 5 22:40:51 GMT 2005

Hi Sean,

> Specific directions from anyone who has already gotten Xorg running
> well on the Mac mini are *very* welcome, as are any other suggestions.

  Looks like you do need to build a new kernel. Anyways, it's about time
I put together a new snapshot.

  The Xorg radeon driver needs to be patched - see the 'Known Issues'
section on the ppc page.

  The main problem I've had with Xorg on the mini is that switching back
to a VTY seems to leave the screen in a very darkened state: it's
difficult to read the text. Maybe some X gurus out there can diagnose
that problem.

later,

Peter.