FreeBSD-ppc on an external hdd (Mac Mini)

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Fri Jul 1 13:26:04 GMT 2005

Am 01.07.2005 um 05:19 schrieb Garance A Drosihn:

> At 12:47 AM +0200 7/1/05, Dario Freni wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jun 30, 2005, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>>  > ... the utility decides to create an additional tiny partition
>>

>>>  between each partition that I actually asked it to create, which
>>>  means I ended up with a lot of partitions.  So my list includes:
>>>
>>>  Intended-Use    Partition  FreeSpace
>>>  ------------    ---------  ---------
>>>            ??    da0s9        262144 blocks   (128MB)
>>>

>>  > MacOS 10.4      da0s10     36647736 blocks (17894MB)
>>  >           ??    da0s11        17408 blocks     (8MB)
>>  > /               da0s12      3254152 blocks  (1588MB)
>>
>> Why are they starting from 9?
>>

> I re-partitioned the drive, and this time I did NOT turn on the
> "include drivers for MacOS 9" option.  Now the first real
> partition (the 17-gig one) starts at partition #3 instead of
> partition #10.
>
> I also tried creating the partitions-for-freebsd as MacOS Extended
> partitions, instead of unix partitions.  When I did that, the
> extra-partitions created inbetween my real partitions were 128meg,
> instead of 8 meg.  So, I changed the partitions for freebsd all
> back to "Unix file system" partitions...

I haven't really gotten around installing FreeBSD on either my AlBook
or my mini, but:

What does OS X diskutil say in comparison? Here's the output from my
mini:
euterpe:~$ diskutil list
/dev/disk0
    #:                   type name               size      identifier
    0: Apple_partition_scheme                    *37.3 GB  disk0
    1:    Apple_partition_map                    31.5 KB   disk0s1
    2:              Apple_HFS euterpe            37.1 GB   disk0s3

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 170 346 0140