stealth port & cabling

Andrew Gallatin gallatin at cs.duke.edu
Wed Sep 15 05:28:40 PDT 2004

I just ordered a stealth port to use as the serial console for a
development mac.

I need to connect the mac's serial console to my console server.  So I
want to turn a minidin8-female port into a DB9-male port (basically
making it look like a PC).  I'm totally inept at making cables, so I'd
like to buy something pre-made.  But I can't seem to find any clean
solutions to do this.  The best I've found so far is a 10' minidin8 ->
db25 cable, which seems kinda Rube Goldberge'esque, considering I'll
have 10' of useless cable cluttering up my office.

Can anybody point me at a place which sells a small minidin8 -> db9
converter?  I know they exist, because I managed to find one 3 years
ago in a local computer store, which is now closed..  Its a little
minidin8 connector, a 1" pigtail, and a db9 connector...  I wish I'd
have bought a box of them..

Thanks,

Drew