New tarball available

Graham Bakay graham at bitmap.net
Mon Oct 27 19:09:15 PST 2003

On 27 Oct 2003, at 20:00, <peterg at ptree32.com.au> wrote:

>  Actually, that's by (poor?) design - I limit the width
> to 800x600 max. Looks good on a 1024x768 display (eMac),
> but might be a bit small on 1280x1024.

i think 800x600 is a good place to start, since it is the minimum
resolution that g3+ machines have (early ibooks). maybe a syscons
flag/kernel option?

>  I did it that way to give the not-quite-a-PC look that
> I've seen on some notebooks.

i agree. it looks far better to have small text on a large screen
(especially lcds) than to have the text stretched (interpolated on
lcds).

>  What would people like to see ? Full-screen no matter what
> the res ? I was a bit worried that the chars would be too
> small at 1280x1024 (or higher).

i think 800x600 works. is it possible to have it centered in the
screen? (excuse me if it in fact already is, i'm still wrestling with
getting my bootloader working.)

cheers,
graham.