New tarball available

Owen Anderson resistor at mac.com
Mon Oct 27 17:48:31 PST 2003

I got the tarball and used a CD Boot to extract it to a new partition
as per the instructions.  Since then, however, I have hit up against a
few problems.

1) I found that the "boot -s" command failed to boot the system in
Singe User Mode.  I had to go online and look up the "set single_boot"
command in order to get it working.

2) My ethernet card is not registering.  I don't know if there just
isn't a driver, or if it's failing to bind.  I'm using a G4/400, and
the only indication that shows up in dmesg is this:

pci2: <network, ethernet> at device 11.0 (no driver attached)

Everything else seemed to work pretty well though.  Keep up the good
work!

Owen Anderson