New tarball available

peterg at ptree32.com.au peterg at ptree32.com.au
Sun Oct 26 16:54:37 PST 2003

Hi Will,

>when it gets to the 'mountroot>' prompt, I get a
>"panic: Root mount failed", and it drops to the 'db>'
>prompt, and continues to scroll as though the Enter
>key is stuck until I hit another key (any key), at
>which point it stops scrolling, but I cannot type anything
>at all.

 That's the symptom of having a USB keyboard - FreeBSD
and OpenFirmware are both messing with USB registers,
and phantom keystrokes are the result. I've seen this
exact behaviour on my eMac when disabling syscons.

 Mmmm... it might be possible to create a mode where
OpenFirmware is used for character output, but FreeBSD's
USB kbd is used for input. I'll have a think about it.

later,

Peter.