Installed 5.1-RELEASE on the Dell

Sean Welch welchsm at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 11 12:17:10 PDT 2003

I finally got 5.1-RELEASE installed on the Dell (to get
rid of that funky this-directory-isn't-empty-even-though-
to-all-appearances-it-is-so-you-can't-remove-it problem
and don't you know -CURRENT is borked by the new GCC
import!  Figures.  This after struggling with grub for
around 2 hours last night trying to get it to chainload
ufs2.  I finally gave up and just made / ufs1 and left
the rest at ufs2.

When this import is finally resolved, is there any chance
it incorporates the toolchain patch?

Now I'm off to find specs on how to configure rcng
instead of rc files under /etc...

                                                     Sean