Project Status

Mark Kirkwood markir at paradise.net.nz
Mon Dec 1 01:28:37 PST 2003

Peter Grehan wrote:

>  I think there's a binary mismatch between the new loader and
> the syscons'd-kernel - "boot -s" works fine on an up-to-date
> kernel. But at least there's workarounds - the other is to
> "set boot_single=yes".

hmm...that was the set option I was looking for...guess I didnt read the
handbook carefully enough.

>  Don't forget to disable sendmail as per the instructions. I've
> still to track down that problem. Also, with the openfirmware
> console, full-screen editing really doesn't work. It's almost
> better to edit the files offline, manually config the net interface
> and ftp them across.

Yep, sendmail all disabled. We are up multi-user - the networking even
works. very cool.

Now have to get bash and a few other things...
Is it feasible to attempt a build of X at this stage?

regards

Mark