Large builds with poudriere

Alexis Praga alexis.praga at gmail.com
Thu May 20 14:11:32 UTC 2021

Thanks for the suggestions.

> At least, if your machine is powerful enough, you can edit your
> /usr/local/etc/poudriere.conf and list these big ports in
> ALLOW_MAKE_JOBS_PACKAGES.
I'm using ALLOW_MAKE_JOBS=yes already so it won't help unfortunately, I think.

> You can manually put the rust/llvm package in the All packages directory and poudriere will use that. It is a manual
> repeating task though. So the package seeding is indeed a nice feature.
I just tried to copy rust-1.52-1.txz from one jail "all" to another
"all" but it's building anyway.

Regarding package seeding, a github issue mentions it's already
implemented but not working for some package (like llvm):
https://github.com/freebsd/poudriere/issues/319

--
Alexis Praga