Troubles compiling lxqt on RPi4

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Thu May 13 05:28:35 UTC 2021

On Wed, May 12, 2021 at 09:16:29PM -0700, Mark Millard via freebsd-ports wrote:
> On 2021-May-12, at 20:48, bob prohaska <fbsd at www.zefox.net> wrote:
>

> > Moving to /usr/ports/json-glib and using
> > make -DBATCH MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER=4 DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=yes > make.log
> > reports several instances of
> > error: unknown argument: '-fno-color-diagnostics'
> >
> > Running make clean and restarting makes no difference. There don't seem to be
> > any user options for making json-glib,
>
> The build log at:
>
> http://ampere2.nyi.freebsd.org/data/main-arm64-default/pcd62f0886c18_sd1cb8d11b0/logs/json-glib-1.6.2_1.log
>
> is the one that just python38 and it reports:
>
> ---Begin OPTIONS List---
> ===> The following configuration options are available for json-glib-1.6.2_1:
>      DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
>      GIR=on: Build introspection data
> ===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
> ---End OPTIONS List---
>
> as the options that were used for the build. So
> there are 2 options, one of which is appearently
> tied to the code's operation (introspection data).

Turning off both options and trying a manual make seems to end with the same error.

> > but I wonder if it might be inherting
> > an incompatible option from something else.
>
> That build log also has lines showing the likes of:
>
> [ 21% 16/69] cc -Ijson-glib/libjson-glib-1.0.so.0.600.2.p . . . -fno-color-diagnostics . . .
>
> The compiler is reported in the log to be:
>
> C compiler for the host machine: cc (clang 11.0.1 "FreeBSD clang version 11.0.1 (git at github.com:llvm/llvm-project.git llvmorg-11.0.1-0-g43ff75f2c3fe)")
> C linker for the host machine: cc ld.lld 11.0.1
>
> That "llvmorg-11.0.1-0-g43ff75f2c3fe" matches what is in my
> historical main [so: 14] environments.
>
> So system-clang apparently allows the option.
>
> You did not show any example command that got the complaint
> about  -fno-color-diagnostics so I can ont even be sure it
> was a cc command that had the option.

A copy of the make log is at
http://www.zefox.net/~fbsd/rpi4/lxqt/make.log

> Do you have /etc/make.conf or /etc/src.conf or the like that
> might be interfering? Something else?

Neither file is present.

> What does "cc -v" show in your context?

bob at nemesis:/usr/ports/devel/json-glib % cc -v
FreeBSD clang version 11.0.1 (git at github.com:llvm/llvm-project.git llvmorg-11.0.1-0-g43ff75f2c3fe)
Target: aarch64-unknown-freebsd14.0
Thread model: posix
InstalledDir: /usr/bin

> FYI:
> As I remember, "-DBATCH MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes MAKE_JOBS_NUMBER=4"
> is incoherent: the first says not to do the last.

Not sure I follow; -DBATCH refers to config options, would that affect job number?

The last major port compiled was www/chromium, might there be some cleanup required
before starting another compilation? I've always thought that ports communicated only
through installed files, but if they use one another's source or object files it
would be easier to encounter incompatibilities. If a global  "make clean" will
simplify things it'll be worth the wait.

Thanks for your help!

bob prohaska