FreeBSD:13:aarch64 packages are outdated

Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com
Tue May 11 20:14:01 UTC 2021

Yuri yuri at FreeBSD.org wrote on
Tue May 11 16:54:05 UTC 2021 :

> I checked packages for www/authelia, www/adguardhome, science/siesta and
> they are 2+ weeks outdated for thus architecture.

Using http://ampere2.nyi.freebsd.org/build.html?mastername=main-arm64-default&build=pe67ae562eb4c_s64fe4400da
to search for build status . . .

The "Failed ports" search for siesta reports:

258	siesta-4.1.5	science/siesta	build	0	???	00:04:05

clicking on the Log link and looking shows, for example,

QUOTE
/wrkdirs/usr/ports/science/siesta/work/siesta-4.1.5/Src/ts_dq.F90:458:22:

  458 |     USE, INTRINSIC :: IEEE_ARITHMETIC, ONLY: IEEE_IS_NAN
      |                      1
Fatal Error: Cannot find an intrinsic module named 'ieee_arithmetic' at (1)
compilation terminated.
gmake[1]: *** [arch.make:59: ts_dq.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
gmake[1]: Leaving directory '/wrkdirs/usr/ports/science/siesta/work/siesta-4.1.5/Obj'
===> Compilation failed unexpectedly.
Try to set MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE=yes and rebuild before reporting the failure to
the maintainer.
*** Error code 1
END QUOTE

By contrast, searching for adguardhome shows success. But the
overall build run reports :stopped:crashed: . . .

QUOTE
Master main-arm64-default
Build pe67ae562eb4c_s64fe4400da
Status stopped:crashed:
Jail main-arm64
Set
Ports Tree default
END QUOTE

As for authelia, the build run I looked up the above in only queued
16055 ports and authelia was not queued. (I searched "Queued ports".)

Of what:

http://ampere2.nyi.freebsd.org/jail.html?mastername=main-arm64-default

shows that have the new naming for git-based: 9 of
the 13 build runs show "stopped:crashed:". Seems
like they are having build problems.

Note:

http://ampere2.nyi.freebsd.org deals with:
main-arm64-deafult

http://ampere1.nyi.freebsd.org deals with:
130arm64-quarterly
130releng-arm64-quarterly
122arm64-quarterly

You can use these to look up the status.

But it is unfortunately and messy to deal with the
git naming giving no clue about the order in the
sequence of builds, such as no having time encoded
to making sorting by name work for such:

p0c0a4f4b9148_scb07628d9e

I wish that date-and-time had been encoded as a
prefix on the names. (To pick an example handling
of the issue.)

For http://ampere2.nyi.freebsd.org the one
listed on that page (currently showing):

main-arm64-default	p0c0a4f4b9148_scb07628d9e

is the active/most-recent build. That is the only
one that has some order-of-build information displayed.

For http://ampere1.nyi.freebsd.org :

130arm64-quarterly	61257645fee1
130releng-arm64-quarterly	ad3fc2921022
122arm64-quarterly	e680e4dc222a

are similarly listing the active or most recent
build of the type.

Under "Queued" on the same pages, one can see if the
build is for the full 31000+ list or a subset. The
same goes for "Queued" when you click through to
something like:

http://ampere2.nyi.freebsd.org/jail.html?mastername=main-arm64-default

===
Mark Millard