pkg builders order of jobs

Stefan Esser se at freebsd.org
Sun May 9 10:40:41 UTC 2021

Am 09.05.21 um 12:22 schrieb Ronald Klop:
> Hi,
>
> On the pkg builders the list of builds is ordered on git hash.
> http://beefy18.nyi.freebsd.org/jail.html?mastername=main-amd64-default
> (NB: ipv6 only)
>
> This ordering is totally random to me. With svn the list was naturally ordered
> because of the incremental commit id.
>
> Is it possible to add the commit count to the job-name like sys/conf/newvers.sh
> in base?
> git_cnt=$($git_cmd rev-list --first-parent --count HEAD 2>/dev/null)

Adding the start-time of the build in ISO format would also be highly
appreciated, at least by me ;-)

The date should reflect the time of the last commit that has been
considered. Such a time stamp would let me see with little effort
whether a failure is due to a long running build job that did not
catch-up with the latest fixes to a port, or whether there still is
an issue with a port (especially for the "exotic" architectures that
I do not test on my system and that often need a lot longer to complete
a build job).

Regards, STefan