/usr/ports/print/ghostscript9-agpl-base gs_ll3.ps: Error: /undefinedresource (fwd)

Tijl Coosemans tijl at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 4 20:47:18 UTC 2021

On Tue, 04 May 2021 22:01:46 +0200 "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs at berklix.com>
wrote:
>> Delete all those .pkgsave files.  These are backups created by pkg when
>> it has to install a file over an existing file.  It means a previous
>> version of ghostscript wasn't deleted properly.
>
> Thanks Coosemans, I ran my compare+delete
> http://berklix.com/~jhs/src/bsd/jhs/bin/public/cmpd/cmpd.c
> cmpd -d -v \
>  /usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts/Fontmap.pkgsave \
>  /usr/local/share/ghostscript/fonts/Fontmap
> cmpd -d -v \
>  /usr/local/share/ghostscript/9.52/Resource/Init/Fontmap.pkgsave \
>  /usr/local/share/ghostscript/9.52/Resource/Init/Fontmap
> cmpd -d -v \
>  /usr/local/share/ghostscript/9.52/Resource/Init/Fontmap.GS.pkgsave \
>  /usr/local/share/ghostscript/9.52/Resource/Init/Fontmap.GS
> All identical & deleted.
>
> & rebooted but no better, gs still fails.

In your original message there were more than these 3.  Did you delete
all of them?  Try "find /usr/local/share/ghostscript -name '*.pkgsave'".