Ports recompile for 13.0-RELEASE

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Tue May 4 14:10:41 UTC 2021

With the move to FreeBSD 13.0 is there a simple (single step) way to reinstall all the current ports other than saving off a list of the ports and then stepping through that list to reinstall them? It was very inefficient when moving to 12.0 as many ports in the list, of course, were dependent on other ports, but then got recompiled, sometimes multiple times. I know I ended up in a make loop where came was compiled over and over again until I aborted, listed the current ports, differ on the previous ports, and picked a port I though would have a lot of reps to restart the compile. I then did this several more times to get back to where I had been on 11.x

And there's still no way to tell if a port was installed from pkg or from ports, correct? Since I use MariaDB instead of MySQLI have to be sure I don't try to use package for anything that will try to install MySQL instead.

And finally, the release of 13.0 ends the 12.x versions, right? There will not be a 12.3.

(And yes, I've tried moving to poudrerie several times and we do not get on. At all.)

--
I don't need no stinking taglines.