www/joomla3 is no longer in the FreeBSD pkg repo

Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 17:09:28 UTC 2021

Chris Rees crees at bayofrum.net wrote on
Thu Mar 4 09:48:12 UTC 2021 :

> . . .
> I'm afraid that this, which I found in pdflib-lite's readme.txt [1]
> differs on that opinion.
>
> ----
>
> - PDFlib Lite
>    Open-source edition for basic PDF generation, free for personal use.
>    PDFlib Lite does not support all languages, and is not available on
>    EBCDIC platforms.
> ----
>
> "Free for personal use" is not Free, and that's why the licence must be
> acknowledged.
>
> Unless you have found explicit mention that it is definitely under the
> PHP licence?
>
> Chris
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/Distrotech/PDFlib-Lite

Looking at the github materials I find:

https://github.com/Distrotech/PDFlib-Lite/blob/master/doc/pdflib/PDFlib-Lite-license.pdf

which indicates: "This agreement defines the licensing terms
for the software product called PDFlib Lite 7.0.5" Its section
2.1 is an "Open Source Developer Exemption" and section 2.2 is
a "Private non-Profit User Exemption" and section 2.3 is a
"Educational and Research Exemption". Its section 6 indicates
that: "This license is governed by the laws of Germany,
excluding choice of law rules."

I make no claim about any validity of depending on any of the
content of the PDFlib-Lite-license.pdf referenced.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went