ncurses update

LuMiWa lumiwa at dismail.de
Wed Mar 3 22:45:52 UTC 2021

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 06:28:45 +0100
Kurt Jaeger <pi at freebsd.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> > make showconfig
> > ===> The following configuration options are available for
> > ncurses-6.2.20210213_1: DEBUG=off: Build with debugging support
> >      DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
> >      EXAMPLES=on: Build and/or install examples
> >      MANPAGES=on: Build and/or install manual pages
> >      PROFILE=off: Build with profiling support
> >      TRACE=off: Add trace() function to all models of ncurses
> > ===> Use 'make config' to modify these settings
>
> I have:
>
> ===> The following configuration options are available for
> ncurses-6.2.20210227: DEBUG=off: Build with debugging support
>      DOCS=on: Build and/or install documentation
>      EXAMPLES=on: Build and/or install examples
>      MANPAGES=on: Build and/or install manual pages
>      PROFILE=off: Build with profiling support
>      TRACE=off: Add trace() function to all models of ncurses
>
> and bapt/swills both committed updates and fixes inbetween. Can you
> try to update to the most recent version ?

No, the last version doesn't work.
The last version has in Makefile:
USES=		cpe pkgconfig shebangfix tar:tgz
CONFIGURE_ARGS=		--datadir=${PREFIX}/share/misc \
			--with-terminfo-dirs="${PREFIX}/share/misc/terminfo:${LOCALBASE}/share/site-terminfo"
			\
and the version from 02-16-2021 has:
USES=		cpe pkgconfig shebangfix tar:tgz terminfo
CONFIGURE_ARGS=		--datadir=${PREFIX}/share/misc \

and it works for me
--
“We live in a world where there is more and more information, and less
and less meaning.”

Jean Baudrillard