ARM/MIPS packages built through QEMU user-mode emulation.

Konrad Witaszczyk def at FreeBSD.org
Wed Mar 3 16:01:10 UTC 2021

Hi,

The FreeBSD Wiki [1] describes an infrastructure needed to build
packages through emulation using QEMU user-mode for 32-bit and 64-bit
MIPS and ARM architectures. Unfortunately, I could not find any
information what ports could be successfully built with this approach.

Does anyone know if there was any attempt to build all ports to see what
could be built with QEMU user-mode and if there are any statistics of
such experiment?

I would like to use QEMU user-mode to build packages for RISC-V and any
prior results would be helpful to make a list of ports to start my
experiments with.

[1] https://wiki.freebsd.org/Ports/BuildingPackagesThroughEmulation

Konrad