broken vuln.xml?

Robert Huff roberthuff at rcn.com
Tue Feb 2 13:16:32 UTC 2021

Baptiste Daroussin <bapt at FreeBSD.org> writes:

>   On Tue, Feb 02, 2021 at 01:01:14PM +0000, Bob Eager wrote:
>
>   > > 	This appears to have broken (Sunday?) on one of my systems.
>   > > 	What is the correct way to download/regenerate this file?
>   >=20
>   > portaudit is being replaced by pkg audit.
>   >=20
>   > This may already have happened - I am not sure.
>
>   portaudit has been replaced by pkg audit 7 years ago! (removed
>   from the ports tree in 2014.

	So here's my problem:
	Starting yesterday all attempts to rebuild ports - any port - end
like this:

portmaster: java-zoneinfo-2020.d
===>>> Currently installed version: java-zoneinfo-2020.d
===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/java/java-zoneinfo

===>>> Gathering distinfo list for installed ports

===>>> Launching 'make checksum' for java/java-zoneinfo in background
===>>> Gathering dependency list for java/java-zoneinfo from ports
===>>> Initial dependency check complete for java/java-zoneinfo

portmaster: java-zoneinfo-2020.d
===>>> Starting build for java/java-zoneinfo <<<===

===>>> All dependencies are up to date

===>  Cleaning for java-zoneinfo-2021.a
pkg-static: Invalid end of XML
pkg-static: cannot process vulnxml
===>  java-zoneinfo-2021.a has known vulnerabilities:

=> Please update your ports tree and try again.
=> Note: Vulnerable ports are marked as such even if there is no update available.
=> If you wish to ignore this vulnerability rebuild with 'make DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=yes'
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/ports/java/java-zoneinfo

	Am I even asking about the right file?
	What broke, why (if possible), and how do I fix it?

			Respectfully,

				Robert Huff

--
Hello ... my name is SARS-CoV-2.