Specific svn/git package update use case

Simon Wright simon.wright at gmx.net
Sun Apr 4 02:30:17 UTC 2021

Hi all,

I've been following the discussion about the git upgrade to the ports
repro but am not clear about how it impacts my use case.

At the moment I track ports on the revision that the Freebsd build
cluster uses to build the "latest" package set. I take the currently
reported latest build revision number from Poudriere on the appropriate
package build box, update my ports tree to that revision using svn on a
Debian box then use the resulting port tree to build my few ports and
dependencies locally with somewhat different build options from default
then export the resulting package set to my local machines. This process
has been working satisfactorily for several years now. My systems are
always running the same package set as "latest".

My question is: is the poudriere build process going to change and will
the build cluster still report the latest build in a form that I can
feed to git on Debian to update my ports tree to the same level as the
Freebsd package server?

As of today I am still seeing the Latest build version on
http://beefy6.nyi.freebsd.org/jail.html?mastername=122amd64-default/
reported as svn revision 569609 and updating my ports using svn works.

My apologies if I've missed this in the discussion or referenced docs
and thanks for any guidance or pointers.

Simon Wright.