TEST_DEPENDS on itself?

Christian Weisgerber naddy at mips.inka.de
Mon Sep 14 20:10:09 UTC 2020

Mathieu Arnold:

> > Is a port allowed to depend on the installed version of itself for
> > running "make test"?
>
> Nope.  Tests are run after the port is installed, so, it should already

That is not true.  "test" depends on "stage".  It does not install
the port.

> be ok.  What problem are you trying to solve.

I'm working on a port that can't run its regression tests out of
the build or stage areas.  The command to be tested will call
submodules with compiled in absolute paths (/usr/local/libexec/...).
So this port bla/foo would require to be already installed for
testing:

TEST_DEPENDS=   foo:bla/foo

The foo command will call /usr/local/libexec/foo/foo-helper.  If
the latter isn't there, foo won't run.

Christian "naddy" Weisgerber                          naddy at mips.inka.de