reccomendations of conference / party audio video software ?

Baptiste Daroussin bapt at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 24 10:31:20 UTC 2020

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 04:38:11PM +0000, Bob Eager wrote:
> People have been saying good things about jitsi (Java based) bu the
> port didn't work on a quick try (my ports tree isn't very new though
> and there was no time to update it).

The port is about a previous thing from jitsi (a SIP client) when people speak
about Jitsi c'est speak about https://meet.jit.si aka https://jitsi.org/

The video bridge is in java and the frontend is in javascript with desktop apps
iirc for those who do not want to use a browser. Note that on freebsd desktops
it works well in firefox browser.

No login required, no decidated required it just works fine.

There is no port yet of the server part on freebsd but should not be hard to do
as it is fully opensource.

Best regards,
Bapt