Anyone interested in helping with linux-wps-office ?

Pedro Giffuni pfg at FreeBSD.org
Sun Mar 22 04:59:03 UTC 2020

Hi;

I recently got asked about WPS Office, a really nice office suite that
works on the linuxulator:

    http://linux.wps.com/

People tend to prefer it over LibreOffice due to its excellent
compatibility with the newer formats.

So, I updated a basic port for it here:

https://people.freebsd.org/~pfg/ports/linux-wps-office.tgz

The above passes portlint but I really don't know well how linuxulator
ports should work. Open questions:

- Does the RPM stuff figure out the right PREFIX? In order words, is the
path OK?

- Do I have to add a softlink so the program can be executed?

- What to do about desktop icons.

- I still have to figure out what to do about fonts, if anything.

I would be grateful if someone would play with it, provide feedback, or
even take over as maintainer.

Cheers,

Pedro.