reccomendations of conference / party audio video software ?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 21:53:27 UTC 2020

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 5:08 PM Julian H. Stacey <jhs at berklix.com> wrote:

> What about client apps on android, apple & MS
> ('cos most friends are non tech & dont run BSD or Linux PCs etc)

IMHO, anything that requires _users_ of a service to download or
install software on their machines to use a (video) conferencing
service is too heavy on requirements already.
People in my circles (both professionally and privately) are using
Whereby https://whereby.com/ with good results.
We will see how good it holds up if traffic increases exponentially,
but for now the service has been flawless.
So if you are building anything, you should aim for something that
works as easily as that.

HTH,
--
Regards,