lsof marked ignored

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Sat Mar 21 02:25:10 UTC 2020

21.03.2020 4:30, @lbutlr wrote:

>>> That error should only occur if system sources are missing from
>>> /usr/src. Check that they're still there, and if not then check them
>>> out from svn.
>>
>> 	(Last time I checked ....)
>> 	Not only does it require kernel sources, but those sources need
>> to match the running kernel.
>
> Why was this changed (I did not install the source and my /usr/src/ directory is empty and has been since I moved to 12.1)

Nothing changed really. lsof needs the whole file sys/fs/pseudofs/pseudofs.h
for struct pfs_node and all other parts (types etc.) it uses from same file
and it needs the definition of struct lock_owner from sys/kern/kern_lock.c.

It tastes some other files in sys/ to enable -DHAS_LOCKF_ENTRY -DHAS_PAUSE_SBT -DHAS_CDEV2PRIV -DHASFUSEFS -DHAS_ZFS
but does not really needs their contents, so these flags could be enabled unconditionally by the port.

So if we could "export" pseudofs.h and struct lock_owner to /usr/include, then lsof could be built
without need of kernel sources.