lsof marked ignored

Larry Rosenman ler at lerctr.org
Sat Mar 21 02:12:18 UTC 2020

On 03/20/2020 9:09 pm, Robert Huff wrote:
> Larry Rosenman writes:
>
>>  I'd love to see the kernel folks make better interfaces.
>>
>>  I've been saying that for 2 years.
>
> 	Can you be one step more specific on what interface it needs?
>

> 			Respectfully,
>

> 				Robert Huff

No, because I'm not a great C programmer, and don't know the kernel real
well.
I've been maintaining lsof for the last 5 years, mostly as a proxy for
Vic Abell (the
original Author, now retired at 80+ years old).

We have a github project (https://github.com/lsof-org).

I'm still officially the maintainer, but need some help from
the kernel folks to clean up all the #ifdef mess going back to FreeBSD
2.2(if not earlier).
and modernize the interfaces between lsof<->kernel.

Phone: +1 214-642-9640                 E-Mail: ler at lerctr.org
US Mail: 5708 Sabbia Dr, Round Rock, TX 78665-2106