lsof marked ignored

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Fri Mar 20 21:30:35 UTC 2020

On 20 Mar 2020, at 14:10, Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> wrote:
> Adam Weinberger writes:
>
>>> ===>>> Currently installed version: lsof-4.93.2_9,8
>>> ===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/sysutils/lsof
>>>
>>>        ===>>> This port is marked IGNORE
>>>        ===>>> requires kernel sources
>>
>> That error should only occur if system sources are missing from
>> /usr/src. Check that they're still there, and if not then check them
>> out from svn.
>
> 	(Last time I checked ....)
> 	Not only does it require kernel sources, but those sources need
> to match the running kernel.

Why was this changed (I did not install the source and my /usr/src/ directory is empty and has been since I moved to 12.1)

> 	My solution has been to add "sysutils/lsof" to PORTS_MODULES in
> /etc/make.conf.

How does this help?

# cat /etc/make.conf
DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=ssl=openssl apache=2.4 php=7.2 perl5=5.30 mysql=10.3m
PORTS+MODULE=sysutils/lsof

Building lsof still fails

pkg install works.

--
Sarah, age 18, says "man, once you go Crayola you can't go back.”