pkg: how to retrieve the messages ports emit after install?

Chris portmaster at BSDforge.com
Wed Mar 18 16:20:27 UTC 2020

On Wed, 18 Mar 2020 14:20:05 +0000 Bob Eager rde at tavi.co.uk said

> > > Simple!
> > >
> > >  pkg info -D pkgname
> > >
> > > (or pkg info --pkg-message pkgname)
> > --pkg-message, argh... I was *so* close!
> > Thanks, Bob. Really appreciated!
> > and for the record. I *did* read the man page. But as others
> > were also inclined to suggest; I thought the output would be
> > related to *query*
>
> As it happens, I had the same problem a few days ago and eventually got
> round to a rather persistent search for the information!
I appreciate your persistence! I was going mad trying to figure it out.
IMHO this should be added to the pkg(8) man page. Maybe the EXAMPLES section?

Thanks again, Bob!

--Chris