pkg: how to retrieve the messages ports emit after install?

Chris portmaster at BSDforge.com
Wed Mar 18 06:28:33 UTC 2020

OK I'm a by ports make install as a rule. But I needed to
spin up a box quickly, and decided to use pkg(8). xorg,
and another port (package) I installed, dumped some
important information after the install. I stripped the
text from the console/terminal, and tried to paste it into
a fresh file. But the new graphics drivers don't allow
that sort of thing (graphics vs text mode). So I was left
with mostly gibberish. I need to get that information back.
I just guessed that pkg message <port-name> might do it.
But no joy. How can I retrieve that information?

Thanks!

--Chris