Windows 10 client password failures with samba410 on 12.1-STABLE

Bob Willcox bob at immure.com
Sun Mar 15 22:21:27 UTC 2020

Hi All,

I trying to replace a 11.3-STABLE system that is running samba48 with a newwer system
running 12.1-STABLE and samba410. I'm using the same smb4.conf file that I've been using
for years:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 10.1.132.3 (10.1.132.3)
# Date: 2009/01/12 08:19:38

[global]
        workgroup = IMMURE
        server string = Vader Samba Server
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        max log size = 1000
        server max protocol = SMB3_11
        client max protocol = SMB3_11
        dns proxy = No
        interfaces = 10.1.132.0/255.255.254.0

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        read only = No
        write list = bob

[work]
        path = /stor/work
        read only = No

[stuff]
        path = /stor/stuff
        comment = Public Stuff
        public = yes
        guest ok = yes
        read only = No
        writable = yes
        write list = root bob @staff

[ftp]
        path = /stor/ftp/pub
        read only = No

[pub]
        path = /stor/pub
        read only = No

The system I'm replacing is working fine and provides the access to the shares as
expected. My new system results in failing the network credentials dialog box on
the Windows client machine. At this point I've tried everything I can think of w/o
any success. I really don't know how to proceed with trying to get this to work.

Any suggestions? Windows isn't my strong suit (been doing my best to ignore it for
35 years on now, unfortunately there are some situations where I can't).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

--
Bob Willcox    | It's possible that the whole purpose of your life is to
bob at immure.com | serve as a warning to others.