Alternatives to security/swatch

Michael Gmelin freebsd at grem.de
Sun Mar 15 20:26:22 UTC 2020

On Sun, 15 Mar 2020 18:26:53 +0100
Andrea Venturoli <ml at netfence.it> wrote:

> On 2020-03-15 18:16, Michael Gmelin wrote:
>
> > swatch is still available as a new version on sourceforge (3.2.4).
>
> Hmm...
>  From the port, website is here:
> > http://swatch.sourceforge.net/
> Nothing to download, it seems, from there.
>
> There's also:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/swatch/
> It was last updated in 2015, though and there are a lot of open
> issues.
>
> I'm not sure it's still developed...
>

> > So someone (maybe the maintainer, put him on Cc), could
> > update/unbreak the port.
>
> I don't think I have the expertise to do this, as I'm totally
> ignorant in PERL.
>

> > Maybe I’ll take a look myself later, would you be willing to test?
>
> Of course I would!

Hi Andrea,

The project was renamed from "swatch" to "swatchdog", I renamed it in
the ports tree to match upstream and updated it to 3.2.4. Please note
that everything inside was renamed to swatchdog, including the service
script and variable prefixes in /etc/rc.conf.

You can install it using

portsnap fetch update
cd /usr/ports/security/swatchdog
make install clean