Pkg repository is broken...

James Wright james.wright at jigsawdezign.com
Sat Mar 7 17:24:09 UTC 2020

> On 7 Mar 2020, at 12:23, Adam Jimerson <vendion at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 3/7/20 6:56 AM, Michael Gmelin wrote:
>>
>> I worked around the situation locally by setting ALTABI
>> on `pkg update':
>>
>>  # ALTABI=FreeBSD:12.0:amd64 pkg update -f
>>
>> This allowed me to run
>>
>>  # pkg upgrade
>>
>> without any issues, so I assume none of the about 30 packages I updated
>> contained a wrong ABI/architecture.
>>
>> I verified this by checking:
>>
>>  # pkg query "%q" | sort | uniq -c
>>   112 FreeBSD:12:*
>>   219 FreeBSD:12:amd64
>>
>> Note that you could also export ALTABI to the environment or set it
>> in /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf, but I figured that I might forget it in
>> there.
>>
>> Also, it seems like none of my packages were affected and not setting
>> it on `pkg upgrade' meant that pkg checks for that (at least that's
>> what I assume it does) and therefore I won't have to deal with
>> different ABIs in my installed packages later.
>>
>> All of this should be really temporary anyway and hopefully be resolved
>> soon.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Michael
>>

> I'm not screaming either, figured it wouldn't really help speed up
> fixing things and that the right people were already working on fixing
> it. I am also still getting this on 12.1-RELEASE, but the ALTABI work
> around worked for me.

I also figured it will get fixed eventually, and it was my decision to switch
from the default quarterly repo to the latest repo, so have to expect some
problems from time to time.

It would be nice to have some sort of indicator as to the progress the
process though, it was a little confusing to see the package build server
for 121amd64 had finished a day or two before the repo actually got updated,
I guess it either has to wait for all builds to be finished and sync with mirrors?