pkg / poudriere issue - wrong packagesite / meta

Renato Botelho garga at FreeBSD.org
Mon Mar 2 19:34:12 UTC 2020

On 02/03/20 16:22, Renato Botelho wrote:
> On 02/03/20 16:02, Renato Botelho wrote:
>> On 02/03/20 14:49, Grzegorz Junka wrote:
>>> I just finished building ports for FreeBSD 12.1. I have already
>>> upgraded base to 12.1 and now I am trying to update packages, but pkg
>>> fails with this cryptic error:
>>>
>>> # pkg update
>>> Updating desktop_nvidia repository catalogue...
>>> pkg: repository meta has wrong version 2
>>> pkg: Repository desktop_nvidia load error: meta cannot be loaded No
>>> error: 0
>>> Fetching meta.txz: 100%    236 B   0.2kB/s    00:01
>>> pkg: repository meta has wrong version 2
>>> repository desktop_nvidia has no meta file, using default settings
>>> Fetching packagesite.txz: 100%  463 KiB 474.1kB/s    00:01
>>> pkg: repository meta has wrong version 2
>>> pkg: Repository desktop_nvidia load error: meta cannot be loaded No
>>> error: 0
>>> Unable to open created repository desktop_nvidia
>>> Unable to update repository desktop_nvidia
>>> Error updating repositories!
>>>
>>> There was no error in poudriere, 1067 packages have been built
>>> successfully, 1 skipped, 3 ignored.
>>>
>>> Poudriere version 3.3.2_1
>>>
>>> The new repo has meta:
>>>
>>> # cat meta.conf
>>> version = 2;
>>> packing_format = "txz";
>>> manifests = "packagesite.yaml";
>>> filesite = "filesite.yaml";
>>> manifests_archive = "packagesite";
>>> filesite_archive = "filesite";
>>>
>>> The old repo had meta:
>>>
>>> # cat meta
>>> version = 1;
>>> packing_format = "txz";
>>> digest_format = "sha256_base32";
>>> digests = "digests";
>>> manifests = "packagesite.yaml";
>>> filesite = "filesite.yaml";
>>> digests_archive = "digests";
>>> manifests_archive = "packagesite";
>>> filesite_archive = "filesite";
>>>
>>> So looks like the meta has changed and the old pkg, which is
>>> installed on the system, doesn't like it.
>>>
>>> How am I supposed to upgrade the pkg and/or database to the new version?
>>
>> I saw this problem on a personal pfSense builder.  The ports tree used
>> has old pkg and needs to have meta version 1, but it seems poudriere
>> is using pkg-static binary from host machine (version 1.13.2) to build
>> repository and it ends up with meta version 2.
>>
>> For now I moved builder machine to use quarterly repository, which
>> contains pkg 1.12.x
>
> Ooops, quarterly also has pkg 1.13.2 now.

Just to clarify, quarterly is still on 1.12 and it was a mistake I made.
  I'm going to have a coffee and stay away from keyboard a bit.  Sorry
about the noise.

--
Renato Botelho