WITH_META_MODE and poudriere: *.meta files, where?

Stefan Eßer se at freebsd.org
Tue Jun 23 10:07:59 UTC 2020

Am 22.06.20 um 23:02 schrieb Torfinn Ingolfsen:
> On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 8:56 PM Michael Grimm <trashcan at ellael.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I do have activated 'WITH_META_MODE=yes' in <path to>/poudriere.d/src-env.conf [1].
>>
>> Now, I would like to double-check if poudriere is following my "advice". For buildworld I do find *.meta files in /usr/obj/…, but I do not have any clue where poudriere would keep this information for subsequent compilations?
>>

> The is some information here
> https://xmj.github.io/articles/sysadmin/builds_ccache_memcached.html
> and link to a presentation with more about (among otter things)  metamode.

Is this article noch valid with regards to WITH_DIRDEPS_BUILD?

I tried to enable it in /etc/src-env.conf with the result
that only the destroy targets were offered:

# make buildworld
ERROR: 'buildworld' is not a valid target for amd64.

You can see the targets which are valid for a given machine
by running 'env MACHINE=<machine> make show-valid-targets'
For other information, read:

# make show-valid-targets
Other targets:
  destroy
  destroy-arch
  destroy-host
  destroy-stage

The same behavior is observed with /usr/obj from a previous
buildworld with only WITH_META_MODE=yes or with a clean obj
directory ...

Regards, STefan