Json-c, bind, and updating

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Wed Jun 10 05:45:31 UTC 2020

This has happened in the past, but it happened again this weekend when an update to ;ibjson-c did not update bind, rendering bind unable to load libjson-c.so.4 because it had been replaced with libjson-c.so.5.

In a rush I simply linked libjson-c.so.4 -> libjson-c.so.5 and all is happy AFAICT. Well, at least functional.

There is no update listed for bind because, evidently, "The dns/bind914 port moved to dns/bind916 Reason: Has expired: End of life, please migrate to a newer version of BIND9" is not an "update". I mean, yes, this is correct, but it seems less than helpful. And yet, if I try to install bund914, it will install 916, so there is an update.

Especially when Bind-tools is happily updated to 9.16

The following actions were performed:
        Re-installation of bind-tools-9.16.3_1
        Upgrade of bind914-9.14.11 to bind916-9.16.3_2

Sure would have been nice if this had shown up as an available update.

--
he'd moved like music, like someone dancing to a rhythm inside his
	head. And his face for a moment in the moonlight was the skull of