why does pkg try to install an older version of pkg ?

Kurt Jaeger pi at opsec.eu
Sat Jul 4 12:41:01 UTC 2020

Hi!

> > Trying to upgrade on a machine recently upgraded from 11.1 to 11.3,
> > this happens:
> >
> > pkg upgrade -f pkg
> > Updating ... repository catalogue...
> > ... repository is up to date.
> > All repositories are up to date.
> > The following 1 package(s) will be affected (of 0 checked):
> >
> > Installed packages to be DOWNGRADED:
> >         pkg: 1.14.6 -> 1.10.5_1

> > Why does pkg insist on downgrading pkg ? How can this be fixed ?

> Is the pkg branch used changed from latest to quarterly?

It's our own repo, which regularly rebuilds all the ports we use...

That's what is so surprising to me.

The previous pkg version was indeed 1.10.5_1, but I do not understand
why pkg insists to install this.

I've already replaced it with a copy of pkg-1.14.6, via:

pkg add -f pkg-1.14.6.txz

but when I then try to upgrade the whole pkg-tree from the repo,
it insists to go back to 1.10.5_1.

--
pi at opsec.eu            +49 171 3101372                    Now what ?