PKGSUFFIX for poudriere Help needed

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jan 9 13:02:38 UTC 2020

On Wed, Jan 08, 2020 at 12:37:55PM -0500, Nick Wolff wrote:
> I'm trying to get zstd packages built locally with poudriere but something
> is failing. I've set PKGSUFFIX=.tzst in my make.conf for the branch and it
> shows up in poudriere logs
> (#### /usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/ixlab-master-make.conf ####)
>
> But I'm still getting txz packages.
> I've successfully used PKG_NOCOMPRESS in make.conf. and not sure what I'm
> doing wrong here.

PKG_NOCOMPRESS is the knob used to swtich from .txz to .tar, so that it
is not compressed.

If you want to change the compression, you probably have to do this, in
make.conf:

PKG_SUFX= .tzst

in poudriere.conf:

PKG_REPO_META_FILE=/usr/local/etc/poudriere.d/meta

And create that file with this content:

version = 1;
packing_format = "tzst";

You may have to fiddle with the packing_format, I don't know what the
exact string is.

--
Mathieu Arnold