Portmaster failing

Franco Fichtner franco at lastsummer.de
Wed Jan 1 20:46:22 UTC 2020

> On 1. Jan 2020, at 9:42 PM, @lbutlr <kremels at kreme.com> wrote:
>
> On 01 Jan 2020, at 13:40, Franco Fichtner <franco at lastsummer.de> wrote:
>> security/openssl was removed before, now security/openssl111 has become security/openssl.
>
> Ugh.
>
>> A bit too eager for my taste, but that's why we all have private trees, don't we.  ;)
>
> This is going to go poorly, if previous attempts to update to 1.1 are any indication.

With PHP 5.6 axed prematurely a while back I am interested to see OpenSSL 1.0.2
phased out now with a number of ports still not supporting 1.1.1 and seeing them
marked as broken sooner or later.

With all this in mind, I'm surprised Python did not suffer the same fate
and was deprecate-extended to the end of 2020 in the ports tree which is an
unusual 180 regarding previous arguments that having expired ports still
supported is "too much work".

Happy new year,
Franco